Please read all of this page before submitting! Please!
- Crannóg is published in March and September. Submissions will be open in the month of Nov 2019 for March 2020 issue and in the month of June 2020 for September 2020 issue. (Note we are not taking submissions in July 2019.) Submissions sent outside these times will not be read.
- If you have been published in the current issue of Crannóg we ask that you do not submit for the immediately subsequent issue.
- If you have previously been published in Crannóg we recommend that you purchase a copy of the current issue, or hold a current subscription to Crannóg. This keeps you up to date with what we publish and also your support ensures we will continue to publish quality writing long into the future. Purchase here…. You may also take out a subscription here….
- Crannóg requires First Serial Rights. We accept simultaneous submissions on the condition that we are informed immediately if accepted elsewhere and we thank you in advance for doing this. However, we do not accept third party submissions. Submissions are accepted in good faith that they are the original work of the sender and that the attributed author is holder of copyright.
- Send no more than three poems. Each poem should be under 50 lines.
- Send one story. Story should be under 2000 words.
- Send file in body of email and as a Word attachment.
- Ensure each poem begins on a new page.
- Include a brief bio in the third person. Bio should conform to the style of bios in past issues of Crannóg.
- Include a postal address for contributor’s copy. We do not accept postal submissions.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after the closing date for acceptance and longer for non-acceptance.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writers selected to appear in Crannóg will receive:
- A contributor's copy and payment.
- An invitation to attend/read at the launch of Crannóg in ‘The Listeners Club’ at The Crane, Galway, Ireland.
- Three contributors will be nominated for the Forward Prize for best single poem.
- Six contributors will be nominated for a Pushcart Prize, (poetry and fiction).
- Selected contributions may be posted on the magazine’s website and on our social media platforms.