Buy the current issue. Click on the cover.
Crannóg acknowledges the assistance of: Galway City Council The Galway Language Centre Mill Street Study Centre
Please read all of this page before submitting!
If you have been published in Crannóg we ask that you do not submit for the subsequent issue.
Crannóg requires First Serial Rights.We accept simultaneous submissions on the condition that we are informed immediately if accepted elsewhere. However, we do not accept third party submissions.
Submissions are accepted in good faith that they are the original work of the sender.
Crannóg is published in February, June and October of each year. Submissions are open in the month of: Nov for Feb issue. March for June issue. July for October issue.
Submissions sent outside these times will not be read.
Send up to three poems. Each poem should be under 50 lines.
Send one story. Story should be under 2000 words.
* Send file in body of email and as a Word attachment.
* Ensure each poem begins on a new page.
* Include a brief bio in the third person. Include this both in body and in attachment.
* Include a postal address for contributors copy.
We no longer accept postal submissions
Please allow up to 8 weeks after the closing date for a reply.
Send submissions to: email@example.com
Writers selected to appear in Crannóg will receive:
* A contributor's copy of the magazine.
* An invitation to attend/read at the launch of Crannóg at The Crane Bar, Galway, Ireland.
* Four contributors will be nominated for the Forward Prize for best single poem, in memory of Michael Donaghy.
* Six contributors will be nominated for The Pushcart Prize, (poetry and fiction).